Sunday, January 3, 2010

chai tea mix




Why is it that an almost 18 year old girl can't get rid of some silly stuffed animals? Why is it that the sound of the word goodbye automatically generates tears? Questions, questions, questions... will we ever find the answers? My sister left this morning. Saying goodbye to her is quite a bit harder than I ever thought it would be. Even though we disagree in almost every aspect of life, I love her. In my reading this morning, I came across some really awesome verses that have made me think about my relationship with the Lord. "Why are you like a stranger in the land, like a traveler who stays only one night? Why are you like a man taken by surprise, like a warrior powerless to save?" -Psalm 77:16-17. I've realized those questions are often asked by me and I only have the blame to take. It is me who causes the distance in this relationship. I am the one who doesn't call on the Lord and include Him in my every thought and decision of my life. This is the very God who by his sight causes the waters to writhe, the very depths to convulse, the clouds to pour down water, the skies to resound with thunder and the God who has promised me a hope and a future. So why do I not give my everything to the one who gave everything to me? The one who created me and performs miracles right in front of my face... the one who loves me to no end? "Your thunder was heard in the whirlwind, your lightning lit up the world; the earth trembled and quaked. Your path led through the sea, your way through the mighty waters, though your footprints were not seen." -Psalm 77:18-19. Why does the world not see his footprints? I believe that there are answers, and they are somewhere out there to be discovered. I went over to Laurel's house today and we made chai tea mix. We did our usual of jamming out to music while dancing around the kitchen. I just love her. I couldn't ask for a better friend. Tomorrow we go back to school after two weeks off. I am not nearly ready but bring it on!

No comments: