Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Big 18



I did not take this picture obviously, but it deserved the blog. Today is the first day of the beginning of my adulthood. As of today, February 16 of 2010 I am 18 years old. Yes watch out. I can officially be arrested now. Haha, I really don't plan on doing anything that would get me arrested just to make that clear. My mom threw me a surprise party tonight. Even though there has been 2 surprise parties within the last couple of weeks I was not expecting it at all. I was so surprised and it was awesome!

Even though I really love my ipod touch and every other gift that was given to me for my birthday I'd have to say that the best birthday gift I received was from Kaden, one of my basketball players. He came rushing into practice today with a ring snapped in between his snap up sweat pants. He made sure it was snapped safely so he wouldn't loose it. After practice I asked to see this special ring of his and he handed it to me and said, "here, for your birthday." I about cried. It is a cheap, plastic ring with a picture of a puppy on in but his simple thoughtfulness touched my heart in a huge way. I really hope that when I have kids someday, they will be as sweet and darling as Kaden. This ring is a gift I will always remember, forever.

I have been wished happy birthday more times today than I could ever imagine. I wish I could just shout a big thank you to everyone around me. I am surrounded by amazing people and I love all of you. Thank you for making my birthday so special.

No comments: