Monday, March 8, 2010

chapter 3, verses 1-8



I wore my new/used tevas today. I caught myself looking down at them throughout the day, just to admire them. I walked into my intern and the kids all commented on them. That was the first for the day. Harold took one look at my toe and said, "Jessi has a ring on her toe." Haha, they all thought that was just the funniest thing in the world. It made me smile. I wish I could look at someone's toe and burst into laughter. Children are so innocent and free. I love it.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8. There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. It seems like I've been so busy lately but what have I been busy with? Am I doing things for God's glory because if I'm not than what's the point? I haven't been stopping and stepping back to see what has been going on. What is it time for?

Laurel just called me and said she read Ecclesiastes today. And I said no way, chapter 3? She said verses 1-8? Yes, how crazy, as she said that my bible was opened to those exact 8 verses and I had just typed it on the blog. What are the odds? Out of every book, every chapter, every verse... God wanted us both to read those words today. He truly is the God of every person, every thought, every life, every moment.

For some reason every time food enters my mouth I fall asleep a very short time later. This is very inconvenient when at my internship and there is a need for working with kids on math assignments. I asked God to do something to keep me awake. He answered me. He had me fall out of my chair. I was indeed quite awake after that.

Oh man, young life, was crazy fun tonight! Bringing back the 80's singing to Bryan Adams. It doesn't get much better than that. I couldn't be more blessed to have a group of friends and a place to go to be crazy and spend evenings together being weird.

No comments: