Monday, April 12, 2010

identity



Just moments ago I got a 9 page text message from a dear friend who told me that she had gotten a vision from God with my face. I was in filthy clothes with a burden, like when you're trying to hold back tears when a man comes, takes my hand and begins to dance with me. We only have eyes for each other and it was Jesus. We are dancing in a garden where there is a force around us making us untouchable and it was only getting stronger. The force being recreated was purity. "He's ready to give you a new heart and a new purity and that out of all creation YOU are his chosen possession." Thank you Katie for sharing that with me. As I sit here, my heart is beating a little differently because of it. Have I been missing something that Jesus is trying to tell me? Is He, through my friend, showing me that my future is real and ready for me to grasp? Or is this even for me? Am I supposed to share it with another? All I know is that Jesus wants to rescue me from my filth and dance with me in a beautiful garden and focus our eyes only on each other. He wants that for me, for you and for every human being. This song makes me think of Jesus.

Lately, I've really felt perfectly okay with who I am. I may not be the prettiest, smartest, most athletic or perfect person but I am exactly how God made me to be. Yes, my confidence and self esteem can be on the low chart sometimes but I have a contentment waking up knowing that I am a perfect creation of the one Jesus Christ. I don't have to change who I am when I'm around certain people or try to fit in because I know that the passions and interests He has sparked in my heart are there for a reason.. His reason. I've found some dear friends who are the exact same way and it makes my heart so happy to see people truly focusing on what God wants from them and who he wants them to be. I don't even know if that made sense, but I simply really like being around genuine people.

2 comments:

Laurel.Elise said...

wow, thats so intense. p.s. that picture is the best thing i've ever seen haha

Sarah Wellenbrock said...

i love this post. and i love the picture you have. i also love your outlook on life. your so bubbly and welcoming i just love seeing your face on mondays! your always welcoming my hugs and i thank you for that!