Saturday, April 10, 2010
tell it how it is
I read all of James today and have decided that is it my favorite book in the bible. It simply just tells you how you should live your life but in an encouraging way. It pretty much just tells it how it is...
- The testing of faith creates perseverance and maturity.
- Humbly accepting the word will save you.
- 1:17 Religion that is pure and faultless: look after orphans and widows and keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
- Speak and act as those who are going to be judged.
- Faith not accompanied by actions is dead.
- Tame your tongue - salt water and fresh water can't flow from the same spring.
- Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.
- Submit yourself to God and he will come near to you.
- Do not plan for tomorrow. God has a plan for this and that.
- Be patient for the Lord's coming is near.
- No matter how you are feeling - happy or sad, pray.
- Confess and pray to each other.
- 5:20 Remember this: whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover a multitude of sins.
I went to a fever game with the Adami family this evening. I haven't laughed that hard in a while, it felt good to just sit and talk with my best friend.