Sunday, June 27, 2010

A heart like God...

Who am I?
That the Lord of all the earth,
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt.
Who am I?
That the bright and morning star,
Would choose to light the way,
For my ever wandering heart.


In the story of David and Goliath, David asks why he was being blessed so much. He had full confidence in who he was but he didn't understand why he out of all people on the earth was being blessed. He didn't once complain about the things he was asked to do and I really admire who he was for that. He took care of his father's sheep without being told twice even when he had nations and people to conquer. When things were so important his life depended on it, David still took the time to care for the little things and didn't whine a single sentence. I don't know about you but I want to be more like David.

Hearing that at church made me also think about my life... Who am I that God is giving me so many great things in life. I am confident in who I am but at the same time, why me? Why am I being chosen to live such a happy, filled life? I believe it's because I'm in the front of the line and I have the ability and the drive to help others. To be like David and serve others. My blessings in life lead me to give back. And therefore that is how I want my life lived.

He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 18:1-4


Come to me, all you who are wearing and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Matthew 11:28-29

I love those verses. What better picture of Jesus is there? He will wrap us in his arms, teach us and strengthen us.

I loved how this was stated at church this morning:
Humility is seeing yourself as you really are.

If I were to ever cut my hair which for some reason it's been on my mind lately, I would have it look like this girl. Short but not short enough to bring back the third grade boy haircut. Let me also mention that this wedding dress is beautiful. Maybe someday I'll get to wear one that pretty...



Andrew and I got to spend some time together tonight. He picked me up and we went to see his neighbor, Paul. Paul is the one who is opening the restaurant that Andrew came here to help get started. I think we must have stayed for around two hours and I left with a job offer :) I get to be a waitress! Well that's the plan for now at least. We talked over dinner at Red Robin and I got a personal tour of the soon to open restaurant. It's going to be awesome! Andrew let me drive his scion! There is something cool feeling about driving a car barefoot. A sunset walk along the river and then time for bed. Gosh, I've really missed that boy.

No comments: