Monday, June 21, 2010

precious children

But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are a kingdom of priests, God's holy nation, His very possession. This is so you can show others the goodness of God, for He called you out of darkness into His wonderful light.
1 Peter 2.9


This was our camp verse. It has a different meaning to me now. Foster children from the Tri-Cities came to this camp for a week to be kids, simply kids. They all have gone through terrible situations and they are only between the ages of 7 to 11. At that age I didn't really even know what abuse was. These children may not have a loving family to be a part of but God has chosen them to be in his family. He will always love them and be their father no matter what and that was a comforting thought to the heartbreaking situations they came from.

My two campers are both 7 year old girls named Mina and Selena. They are simply darling. I'm not going to talk about them because of confidentiality reasons but let me just say that these two girls have bright futures and I'm praying for them to live happy, God filled lives.

Every day God amazes me with the experiences and opportunities he presents to me. I am one lucky girl to be able to serve Him in the ways that I do.

I wasn't allowed to take pictures this week so I consider this week an exception to my 365 project. The Lord understands and therefore it's okay :)

No comments: