Monday, July 26, 2010

Gives Me Hope.

My best friend died in a car accident on his way to deliver me soup for my cold.
Found in the car was also a bouquet of flowers and a card that read:
"We've been best friends for the last 5 years. Now, let's be lovers for the next 50."
Unforgettable LGMH

For 4 years, I've sent letters to 5 soldiers overseas.
And when I was diagnosed with cancer, I didn't have enough money for my own treatment, and sent a final letter to each of the soldiers. All 5 of their companies donated their paychecks to me, because my letters gave them hope.
THEY gmh.

I am a third grade teacher.
Most kids come in with notes or messages written by their mothers in their lunch sacks.
One little girl's dad left, and her mother abuses drugs. But her 12 year old brother never fails to write "I love you" on her brown paper bag.
He GMH.

I was diagnosed as a diabetic when I was five years old.
My brother who was turning three at the time saw me cry after getting an insulin shot. He walked over to my mom and asked, 'Mom, can I have diabetes, too? I don't want her to be alone.'
My brother, now and then, GMH.

Today, our history teacher was telling us about a man who was famous for transporting Jews to safety during the Holocaust.
A student in the class said "That's my grandfather."
Our teacher began to cry, and said "He saved my entire family."
Beautiful coincidences GMH

Five years ago, I witnessed an overweight girl being harassed. A group of "popular girls" had pulled down her pants while we were leaving school. The girl grabbed her pants and ran away crying. Our school's star quarterback chased after her to comfort her.
I just came back from their wedding. GMH.




Reading other people's stories like this gives me hope.

No comments: