Saturday, August 14, 2010

New Things.

Well we packed up, said our goodbyes to the rest of the family and were on the road early this afternoon. We drove a little ways and came to Virginia City, Nevada. It is an old mining town that is now a very popular tourist attraction. We spent a couple hours touring the streets visiting the old Catholic Church, a museum and the town cemetery. Apparently there were seven different cemeteries all divided into groups of people. It was quite an interesting experience.



We also went into an antique shop. I picked up a cute little green book titled, The Girl Scout Handbook. I opened it up only to find a four leaf clover neatly pressed between the pages. I excitedly showed my sister and she opened up the book to a completely different page and found another one. She said, "This must have been one lucky girl."



The next couple of hours I was fixated on my book, The Last Song. I really hope to someday have a love like Ronnie and Will do in the story. I know it's just a story but I know it can be real too.



Someone who will love me for every imperfection and weird thing about me. Someone who's beliefs and interests are compatible to mine and someone who will go for walks with me on the beach :)

No comments: