Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bicycle, Coffee, Bible, Church, Homework...

I didn't sleep well last night. Maybe it was because my roommate didn't come back to the room so I found myself waking up every hour to check if she was there. Negative, every time. I got up, put some air in my bike tires (they had gotten a little flat), rode around town.. I found a cute little neighborhood that I had no idea even existed in Ellensburg, and then ended up at Starbucks to read my bible. I found a seat looking out the window and drank my non-fat cinnamon dulce latte. Perfect.

In my reading I came across these verses:
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to the glory and praise of God.
Philippians 1:9-11

These were the words of Paul as he was in prison. His heart was so set on God that him being in jail meant nothing in comparison to preaching the word of God so that others may have the opportunity to believe.
For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him,but to suffer for him.
Philippians 1:29

Paul wasn't just believing in the Lord, he was going through pain so his life could be a testimony for his faith. This made me consider my life.. I'm not going through the same "pain" by any means that Paul was but I'm struggling no doubt. I feel alone and lost and like I'm the only person on campus who doesn't drink, smoke or swear. But life isn't about just believing and having things work out perfectly.. it's about laying down your life no matter the circumstances and giving everything to our one true God. I want to be more like Paul. I want to go through these hard times so that my life will be a testimony to those around me that I believe, live and suffer for Jesus Christ alone.



This song has me hooked!

No comments: