Friday, December 31, 2010

The Last Day...

This also means the last blog of the year.
It's kind of crazy sitting here typing the last words of my New Years Resolution for 2010. One blog post, one picture, every day for 365 days. I honestly can't believe I followed through with it. Okay, I admit, there were a couple days in there when I didn't take my own picture and had to resort to one from the internet but still.. I'm rather impressed with myself for how dedicated I stayed throughout the year. I also need to let the world know that I am proud of my best friend, Laurel, who did this project with me. I'd say that it was a way to help keep us connected when we parted for college and was fun to see where God took us this past year. So, thank you so much Laurel for keeping me motivated. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have made it! Oh and we also started a blogging epidemic! Props my friend :)

Cautiously taking the time to think about my day, how I'm feeling, how others have impacted my life and to reflect on what God has done for me this past year has truly helped me grow as a person. I think the biggest improvements come when we take the time to reflect on what's going on in us and around us. I've had ups and downs, curves and bumps but that is all part of life and as a friend told me, we just have to take them and roll with them. God has dealt us each a hand of cards for a reason and we're to handle them the best we can.

I also would like to thank everyone who faithfully read my blog for these past 365 days.. Holy smokes, that's a lot of days! You also kept me going knowing that people really cared about my silly resolution. I love you all and thank you for being in my life! You are what make this life worthwhile.

For now I don't have a new daily resolution but I would like to...
A.) Loose a couple pounds... just become more fit!
B.) Learn to play the guitar well. This has been a resolution since middle school but I'm determined to make it happen this time!

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I'll come up with more. In case anyone was wondering, I am going to continue to blog, just not everyday. It will be nice to be able to write down my thoughts and adventures from time to time but not having the pressure to do it everyday will be a relief! Again, I thank you all so much for following and supporting me in my journey of this blog.

May God bring peace, joy, happiness and everything that you love in this new year! Here's to 2011!

No comments: