Tuesday, January 19, 2010

i have a dream.



I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Because of this brave man, we are free. Free from the simple things in life that we take for granted every day. I am able to walk out my front door every morning knowing that my white skin is tolerated and appreciated. That never really hit me quite as hard as it did this morning during our multi-cultural assembly. They played a song that had parts of MLK's speech in it and I couldn't help but sit there and thank God for this man. For his bravery and persistence to change America forever.

I've been feeling rather low about myself for the last couple of days... I think it's a combination of the stress from finals, not getting enough exercise/sleep and seeing couples everywhere I go. For some reason I don't feel worthy to have a boyfriend. Not that I need one or am looking for one right now, but it definitely is something that's been on my mind a lot lately. My face is breaking out and I just realized that half of my right eyebrow is gone. Not quite sure what happened on that one but hopefully it will grow back, haha! Anyways, a friend from school, not a really close one but the guy that sits next to me in comp. aps sent me a message today telling me that I'm amazing and that my pictures and quotes I post make him smile. That truly meant so much to me and it made everything I'm feeling about myself just disappear, even if it was just for a moment. There really are special people out there and I need to focus on them, not on my insecurities.

God gave me a cool message today...

"Whoever stays in this city will die by the sword, famine or plague. But whoever goes out and surrenders to the Babylonians who are besieging you will live; he will escape with his life." -Jeremiah 21:9

Just like these people surrendering to the Babylonians, if we surrender to God our lives will be saved, and if we don't, we will perish with the evil of this world.

There are so many things to be thankful for. Today I'm especially thankful for Jesus and Martin Luther King Jr. for setting us free in our faith and among the people of this insane world.

No comments: