Sunday, February 7, 2010

seventh of february




Today is the seventh day of February. Only 9 days until I'll be the big 18. I'm excited but it's not like I'm going to feel any older. Pastor Dave preached an awesome message this morning in church. The big question - is your name in the book of life? That's really all that matters while we're here on earth. Every human being, great or small, from every time and everywhere will stand before the Lord and be let into heaven or told to leave. It's a scary thought, to think about all of those around us who won't be welcomed into the Lord's arms on that judgment day. And because of that we need to shine His light on all we can and pray that their hearts will be open to receive the good news.

To start the eating off for the day, my discipleship group had brunch at Christina's house. We all brought a breakfast food, hence the word brunch, except for Laurel who brought garlic bread! Laurel and I had fun taking pictures out side while Erwin decided to take pictures of us taking pictures from the window. The neighbors thought he was stalking them and it created tons of laughter for everyone involved. We also spent some time playing with Kaizo, the giant husky dog. He is pretty much a teddy bear. I just wanted to cuddle up on the couch with him. We then traveled to the Johnston's house for a Super Bowl party. Go Saints! I came home and had dinner with my parents, grandma and her boyfriend ;) We celebrated my dad's birthday cause he'll be out of town visiting Carly on Tuesday. Brunch, Super Bowl party, birthday dinner = way too much food for one person to eat in a day, well let's say ever! My belly wants to explode.

I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. -John 5:24

No comments: