Saturday, March 6, 2010

auction



My basketball coaching days are over. Well at least for now. We had our last game today and I was almost in tears on the way home from the game. I absolutely love those boys on my team. They made my Tuesday nights so much better. They were always filled with joy and I felt like I could be a little kid again when I was around them. I have been so blessed to be able to be a coach and hang out with the little chillens and talk to them about Jesus. I mean, it can't get much more awesome than that.

Tonight was the senior party auction and I was one of 3 teenagers who were there. Kailee and I decided that since we're the presidents we should be there to support. We ended up being Vana Whites for the live auction items. It was fun and interesting since I've never seen a live auction before. Two words. Interesting food. I was all about trying new things and I happened to stumble upon a tuna filled mushroom. At least that's what it looked and tasted like. Let me tell you, it was rather disgusting. I advise you not to eat that, ever.

Next came the park, complete with a circle of friends. We started out down by the river, wrapped in blankets. Kevin began telling us his life story and was so rudely interrupted by an angry cop. We were blinded by his car lights and then his heavy duty flashlight. I can understand why he was mad though, it's not everyday you come across a group of young adult christians hanging out in the middle of the park sharing their testimonies at midnight. We then went to Kirby's house where he slaved for us and made a blazing fire. One so big that I thought my eyeballs were going to melt just from being within 5 fit of the thing. We laid on the trampoline, gazing at the beautiful stars while Kevin finished his story. It was amazing to hear how God has worked in his life. Somehow our conversation turned to pooping and let me tell you, I heard some of the greatest poop stories last night. Holy cow, they were awesome!

Bed time at 2 A.M. Nice!

No comments: