Thursday, March 18, 2010

change of plans



Change of plans for today. I didn't go to school, at all. My parents and I took off for Seattle to be with my sister during her surgery. For a little break on the way we stopped at Central and Jon Murbah gave us a little tour of my future home. It made me very nervous to think that I'll be there in a couple months but at the same time, I'm way excited! After a couple more hours of driving we pulled into the surgery pavilion and met Carly and Paul in the waiting room. She had been waiting to be called back for surgery for hours and was feeling rather hungry since she wasn't allowed to eat all day. More waiting and finally she was ready to go. Three and a half hours of surgery later the doctor came out and told us that she completely shattered her radial head and he had to put it back together like a puzzle. I guess it was like taking all the tiny crumbs at the bottom of the chip bag and trying to fit them into one chip again. My parents got to see her for a few minutes and then we headed to the hotel. Talk about a long and exhausting day. We'd be back in the morning.

Music please ; one, two, three, four.

No comments: