Friday, March 12, 2010

What if...





Today was one of those days where you learn things you'll never forget. I learned things about new friends who have made lasting footprints in my heart by their actions and words in just these last two days. Reading a letter to my parents on a stage in an auditorium full of people, acting as if those were my last words to them, was one of the most difficult things I've ever done. Tears were streaming down my face and my eyes were so blurred that I could barely read the words on the paper in front of me. It was simply a mock death but being in a situation where I had to look at the possibility of the reality was heartbreaking. There are people everyday who don't get to have the privilege of a "mock death". They deal with the real thing and for that my heart goes out to them.

My parents and I went over to the Dunn family's house for dinner. It was a lot of fun! They are such funny, enlightening and just lovely people. Then came the Sanctus Real concert! Holy smokes! It was fantastic. The lead singer even grabbed my hand, haha. I decided that christian concerts are truly the best... so inspirational and worth while.

To top off the night, Laurel, Casey, Kevin Brad and I drove to... uhh somewhere. I honestly can't tell you where we went. Somewhere beautiful that gave us the view of the city lights. We had a little jam session all squished in the car. Kevin whipped out his guitar while Casey did a little beat on his box drum. We all sang along, ate parts of s'mores piece by piece, and had some good laughter. Overall, a wonderful day took place.

Discovery of the day: Lucky charms with chocolate milk instead of regular is delicious.

No comments: