Thursday, April 1, 2010

a day at the park







April first... April fools day. I only got fooled once today and that was by Briana Martens convincing me she got a tramp stamp tattoo. Haha, leave it up to her to be the jokester. My day was pretty much spent completely at the park. I met Gregg for a guitar lesson this morning. It was lovely. The weather was cooperating and we even felt a little toasty with the sun beating down. I'm definitely not complaining though! I've waited months for that feeling. Then he so kindly asked me to lunch and even paid for my panda bowl. What a gentlemen he is. I've really enjoyed getting to know him a little bit. It's awesome to have friends who are interested in the same things you are. He departed for work and I came home and sat around lazily waiting for Noah, Kev and Casey to meet up at the park. I traveled down to the exact place I was earlier this morning. Put on the blades and traveled a good 50 feet before we stopped and talked, listened to Kevin play some pretty melodies and watched Casey jump around on the long board. Moving to the grass Casey climbed a tree (with my camera, eek) and snapped a few shots. Soon, the wind was blowing and we were all pretty darn cold so we ventured back to the coches, admired my pretty purple beast and decided on dinner at Noahs. While sitting around the table we talked about who was good and who wasn't on American Idol and decided that Usher had a terrible performance. I was sad to see Didi leave. Apples to apples was the game of choice and Mr. Wallace took the cake on that one. A little Office and Ellen watching and guessing on the ages of the actors and then it was time to go let Mr. Kipper out for a potty break. Sherie's at the wee hours of the morning was next on the agenda... A little birthday party for Alyssa Hubbard. My tummy is growling but eating at at this time of day equals gaining weight and pain in the stomach in the morning so I shall not eat. Tomorrow holds waking up early to visit family friends! Goodie, what a joy :) Goodnight my friends.

It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad. C.S. Lewis

No comments: