Thursday, May 20, 2010

share something with someone.



So this boy in one of my classes said something about not believing in Jesus yesterday and it sparked an intense conversation with the 5 people sitting around me. It lasted a good 35 minutes. He strongly believes in evolution and tried to convince all of us that there is a hole in the bible and it can't possibly be true. He had a bible in his backpack and said that he just started reading it so he can have evidence when trying to disprove it. I had read Deuteronomy 6:13-15 earlier that morning so I flipped to it and had him read the verses. It read... Fear the Lord your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name. Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you; for the Lord your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land. I honestly can't imagine turning away from a God that loves me so much he is jealous and angry for me. And the fact that because we don't love him back he will simply destroy us... now that is a scary thought. I hope that this boy will think about what I and my fellow believes had to say to him. And I hope he continues to read the bible and experience God in a way that he can understand. He is now added to my prayer list.



I had kind of an emotional day. I was just in one of those moods where everything made me feel sad. The fact that I'm sick and the weather was dreary probably didn't help much. I cried numerous times but sometimes crying isn't such a bad thing.

Laurel and I are going to fly a kite tomorrow and that will make me happy, I just know it :)



This plushtache also made me extremely happy!

No comments: