Friday, July 30, 2010

bikes, earings, chex mix & sunsets.

A morning all to myself. I rode my bike along the river and stopped at the lighthouse to read my bible. I packed a granola bar and banana for breakfast. It was overcast so the clouds were beautiful and the light hit the water just right. I read Matthew 5:14-16 and it was a great encouragement.

You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.











I tutored the Asian girls again. Their names are too confusing for me to remember, haha. They are starting to understand some of the things I've been teaching them and it makes me really happy to see them getting it! They gave me a Snapple to drink and I immediately regretted it because I wanted to fall asleep. It must have been those 62 grams of sugar.

Laurel and I spent the afternoon and evening together. Check this out.. She is leaving tomorrow for the Harvest Crusade which is going to be amazing. I'm so excited for her! While she's gone, I leave for a family vacation and when I get back she leaves 3 days later for school. This is going to stink, big time. We decorated shoe boxes today. They are covered in pictures of the two of us and will be used to store letters we send each other. Laurel got her ears double pierced today! She squeezed my hand and I think it hurt her more than she lead on. They are adorable though and I think I want mine too. We did the usual sunset and chex mix tradition and almost spent $5 each on MyFroYo, haha. We also visited Erwin and Christina. It's always fun to see them. They gave us each a glass of water and we talked photo talk for a while. I just love spending quality time with such a wonderful friend. Laurel's the best!



No comments: