Sunday, August 22, 2010

Friends

God is making a cross stitch with our lives. He's only showing us the back, the crazy chaotic side. Sometime during our journey here on earth He will turn his masterpiece around and show us the beautiful work he's had planned for our lives.
I really liked that analogy pastor Dave gave this morning. Wisdom is worth more than any other pursuit in our lives and Jesus can give us that. If we are disciplined we will reap the fruit.
You who are simple, gain prudence;
you who are foolish, gain understanding.
Listen, for I have worthy things to say;
I open my lips to speak what is right.
My mouth speaks what is true,
for my lips detest wickedness.
All the words of my mouth are just;
none of them is crooked or perverse.
To the discerning all of them are right;
they are faultless to those who have knowledge.
Choose my instruction instead of silver,
knowledge rather than choice gold,
for wisdom is more precious than rubies,
and nothing you desire can compare with her.

Proverbs 8:5-11

I spent some time shopping with Carly today. We hit up Target and VV. Two sweaters, a pair of running shorts and a cute little pair of white slip on shoes made it home with me today. On the way home it started pouring down rain and we were greeted on the sidewalk by my dad with a giant umbrella... how sweet.

The Dunn's, family friends, came over for a BBQ. Gregg is engaged to his girlfriend Ashlynn and he brought her along. They've asked me to take their engagement photos and I'm so excited! I just love weddings and now I get to be a part of bringing them one step closer to being together.

I then headed over to Andrew's house for Breanna's going away party. I wasn't there for the surprise part but it was so nice seeing everyone. I'm really going to miss that girl.. she really has become one of my best friends but I know God has such incredible plans for her in Portland. Erwin's house was next complete with games and laughter. A lovely day to say the least.



No comments: