Monday, August 9, 2010

Hiking and Laying on the Beach are Two of My Favorite Things

So sleeping in the same room as my sister means I have to put up with some snoring. It wasn't long before I woke her up and told her what she was doing. That put an end to that.

I'm so thankful that I have parents who like to be adventurous. We went for another hike this morning. Half way up Shakespeare hill. We came to a part in the trail where tons of rocks had fallen and blocked the path. We looked up and saw a huge archway thing. I have a clear picture in my head but putting it into words I've decided is rather difficult. It was pretty neat, so we did a little rock climbing up to the top. From so high up we had a beautiful view of the lake.







After lunch, which for me was a cheese bagel with strawberry jelly (yum!), we headed out in search of some paddle boards to rent. We didn't have much luck, so we ended up just going down to the beach. Of course the people camped out right next to us had one and weren't about to let us try it out. Oh well, another time I guess. The water here is so clear and beautiful. Not to mention refreshing and just overall wonderful. I had a good heart to heart talk with my cousin Kat for a while as we floated on inner tubes and soaked up the sun. We both need a little more of that, haha.









A long while of laying on the couch reading my book and then a dinner of salmon, potatoes and salad. There were lots of laughs at dinner and we somehow managed to talk about jeggings and sorority girls for a good majority. A strawberry popsicle to top it all off and now bed time! Another great day of vacation!

No comments: