Thursday, January 7, 2010

Conner Jay Knoblich




Conner's memorial service was today... Even though I barely knew him, there were tears streaming from my eyes the whole time. I really wish I could have known him. From the way his family and friends talked about him I know he was an inspiring young man. In every picture he had a giant, genuine smile. He knew he had a heart condition and it could take him any day but that didn't stop him. He lived his life every day to the fullest, making people laugh and smile and making an impact on them. His life is such an inspiration to me and I know to many others. It's sad that it takes a tragic moment for me to realize that I take people for granted and live everyday selfishly thinking only of myself. There are millions of people in this world who don't have nearly the prosperity that I do and the fact that I'm not happy with what I have is a shame. Conner's testimony showed me once again that every day is a gift... one given by the Lord to live proclaiming his love and compassion towards people and this broken world. "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." -Psalm 23:1-6. The Lord has a special plan for each and every person. It may not be what we want but if we focus on what the Lord loves than we too will love and want what he wants for our lives. As Bob Marley and Conner Jay Knoblich would say "Don't worry 'bout a thing, cuz every little thing's gonna be alright!" We will miss you Conner. Thank you for opening my eyes.

No comments: