Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pen Pals




For my senior project I wanted to do something involving another country and I did just that. My intern class and a class from El Salvador exchanged pen pal booklets. I received them back from El Salvador yesterday and they are adorable! The kids in my intern are going to absolutely love them!

I loved today's sermon. Pastor Dave referred to our lives as a Cinderella story with Jesus. We are "sinner-ellas" and he is taking us from our wicked step parents, our father who is Satan and our mother who is wordly desires, to be his bride forever. If we keep our eyes on the wedding ceremony we will live our lives differently and in a way that honors the Lord. "And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." 1 John 4:16.

I really want to do this drama for my school talent show. I just don't know if it would be allowed.

Please listen to this song. The words will lift you off the ground.

1 comment:

cearabrown said...

Jessi,
I love that! Sinnerellas...quite fabulous how he put that. Thankyou for the realization.