Saturday, March 27, 2010

row, row, row your boat





Today was a day filled with excitement and sadness. It was the beginning of the crew season. My sister has been working so hard to get to this point and she didn't get to be a part of the races today. It really breaks my heart to see her in this situation. Don't get me wrong though, it was really exciting to watch the rowers. My parents and I went out on a big boat to watch them from the water. Before the races began we got to see the billion dollar houses lining the bay shorelines, including Bill Gates's house! Did you know that it has 24 bathrooms? Afterwards there was a BBQ at the boat house and then we spent the afternoon walking through shops downtown. We spent a little bit of time at a really pretty beach also. We decided on the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner and quickly all became stuffed. Carly let me hang out with some her crew friends. Joel, Tore and Simon.. they are very nice fellas, although the first impression... rather interesting!

No comments: