Wednesday, April 21, 2010

i want to be a teacher, end of story.
















So, I quite simply hate talking in front of people and that became evidently clear today. I was awarded student of the month by the Kennewick-Pasco Rotary Club and my parents and I attended their luncheon today. I had to talk about myself in front of a room full of old-ish people and I started talking about my experience in El Salvador and how God gave me the direction of teaching and.. tears started to fall. Let me tell you, not a proud moment in the life of Jessi. Someone told me crying in public is humbling though so maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought, haha. I then went to my mom's school and took pictures of her students and Mrs. Dunn's class for their mother's day gifts. It became even clearer to me that I want to be a teacher... I feel at ease and so natural being around children. I don't have to do anything special because they just love me for me. Gosh, I get more and more excited everyday to have my own classroom!

Tomorrow is the big road trip to Spokane to see Phil, Leeland and Matt! I've been thinking about it all day and I can't wait for school to be over tomorrow so we can hit the road! I'm feeling like some great memories will be made.

I literally can't stop listening to this song. It's been a repeat for the last 2 hours!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

these kid pictures are awesome. you truly have a gift.