Friday, April 16, 2010

new TOMS



Hello red TOMS! You will now get to see the world on my feet. I'm so very happy to welcome you to the family. I admit, I just tried them on again and stood in front of the mirror in my pjs. New items can never have enough trying on and admiring.

Good thing today is Friday because I really don't know if I could have handled another day of school. Senioritis is hitting me so hard. I pretty much get tears every time I think about doing even a small piece of homework. The two essays I have to write this weekend are about to make me rip my hair out. Ahhh less than two months my friends!

But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ - the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Philippians 3:7-11

Today in class we had to write out things we are truly thankful for. Some that quickly came to my mind:
- Obviously God, family & friends
- Wool socks
- Chapstick
- Cool formations of clouds
- Travel mugs & tea
- Thrift stores
- Lotion
- Letters in the mail
- Flowering trees
- Toe rings
- Love story novels
- Comfy jeans
- Musicians
- Stuffed animals
- Roller blades
- Sunsets
- Being barefoot in the grass
- Hammocks
- String cheese & pineapple
- Pear/Coconut flavored jelly beans
- My camera
- Laying in the back of my truck
- Belching loudly
- Homemade bracelets

Everyone has unique things that are dear to them.. What are you thankful for in your everyday life?

1 comment:

Laurel.Elise said...

i'm thankful for you! [friend brownie points awarded] kaboom haha. but seriously ;)