Sunday, May 23, 2010

busy busy busy

Jesus tells us he's coming soon so we can have hope and be ready for his return. 2 peter 3:8 says... But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. We've lived for 2,000 years and in God's eyes it's only been 2 days. We are like the children who constantly ask "are we there yet?" He tells us that we're almost there so that we won't give up... so we can see that glimpse of heaven and reach out our fingers in hopes of touching the goodness. At discipleship we talked about heaven on earth and Laurel and I decided it's going to be a lot like The Land Before Time, but even better! Gosh, just thinking about hanging out with Jesus continues to give me chills.

I got a ton of tedious things accomplished today so I'm feeling pretty good. These next two weeks are going to fly by. I'm just praying that I can enjoy them and not get too wrapped up in everything going on.

Welcome to my new arranged room...



She's still a bit messy but that seems to be how I roll these days. Maybe someday I'll get the pictures to hang straight too.

My dad is on his 10 day motorcycle trip with some buddies and he sent me a picture today! They are traveling through Oregon, Colorado and Nevada. Apparently it's been too cold to camp so they've been staying in hotels. So much for a wilderness, live off the back of your bike trip, haha. He seems to be having a good time though, and that's all that matters!

1 comment:

Laurel.Elise said...

i'm really excited to sprawl out in that lovely open space ;)