Saturday, June 5, 2010

graduation

The day has arrived. I've wanted it to come for so long but waking up I found a strange feeling in my stomach. It could have been because of the speech I was to give in a couple hours or just because this was it. The end of one chapter and the beginning of another. I've never had a group of friends as close as I did this last summer. Every single one of the have taught me so much about life and how important good friendships are. I know it will be good to get out and make new friends at college but I am truly, 100% going to miss all of the ones I have right now. I hate thinking about not keeping in touch with every one of them but I know it's going to happen. We will drift apart, not because we want to but because we'll be separated by distance and being busy college kids. I really want to start an on-going letter. It will go something like this: I will start it and write to Laurel for example. She will add something to the letter and send it to Tommy, he will add something and send it to Jarett and it just keeps going. I think it would be a fun way for us all to stay in touch somehow. We can open the letter, read about everyone's experiences and then pass it on again. We'll see how it goes, but I'm hoping to do that once I get settled at Central.



Graduation went very well. It seemed like it flew by. I walked with Kailee, Kristi, Demie, Emily and Jori. I love all of those girls. Kailee and I continued to hold hands as we made our way to the stage. Two empty chair awaited us. Kailee and all of the 9 valedictorian and salutatorian's speeches were awesome! Reading everyone's names was a challenge, kind of stressful but fun. To see the smiles and looks of excitement as my fellow classmates received their "fake" diplomas was a great feeling. You know the feeling where you practice and prepare for something a ton and then have it not turn out as great as you were anticipating? Well, that's how I feel about my speech. I just wish I had more confidence and willing to be outgoing in a situation like that. But, it's behind me now and I'm happy and honored to have had the opportunity to do that. We threw bouncy balls with our caps as our senior prank thing. All of the administration knew about it so I wouldn't really call it a prank but it was something that made us all smile.



Andrew Schuetz. That's about all that needs to be said. He surprised me at graduation. He told me that he wasn't going to be able to make it to graduation but sure enough there he was. I felt like we could have been a scene in a movie, haha. I turn around, see him standing there, we run and embrace in a long hug. Tears even filled my eyes. It's been over a year since I've seen him and I've missed him a ton. I guess they say that distance only makes the heart grow fonder. We've had our rough moments but his friendship means everything to me.



My parents and I went to a couple graduation parties. I ate way too much. Enough to last me for a whole week I'd say. Before long, my legs and my stomach needed a break and we came home. I fell asleep on the living room floor and then got ready for the all-night party. It was so much fun and all of the hard work my mom and dad have put in throughout the year paid off. I was drawn to the fake tattoo area! Soon enough a giant junle/tiger tattoo engulfed my right bicep. I actually really like it! Also, a spray tattoo of budda made it on my foot. That one actually looks legit and it makes me laugh every time I look at it. I came away with an espresso maker, some sheets and a fishing pole! I'd say that I scored. The hypnotist was an absolute crack-up. I was almost on the verge of tears I was laughing so hard throughout the whole thing. I managed to fall asleep while watching the slide show. It was bound to happen with pillows, blankets and bean bag chairs. Overall, the night was one to remember. It's going to be hard to forget with all of the wonderful people I got to share it with.



No comments: