Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Salt of the Earth

Lots of exciting things happened today.
First off..
Bite of the Burg. All of the restaurants downtown had free samples and coupons and the streets were packed with people. We ate lots of food and had a grand 'ol time.
Next came Salt which is a christian campus youth group. Tim and Ty, the christian boys who live on the floor below me, and Elizabeth accompanied me. We all decided that we enjoyed it and I really want to go again.

Brian talked about being intentional and bold in inviting others to join the journey. God's heart is that he will transform us.

His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
2 Peter 1:3-4




Fred Meyer Night came next. It was crazy! We showed up at 9:00 and waited outside for 2 hours before they let us in. Complete chaos is how I should describe the night. I bought 2 floor rugs, a roll of paper towels and 2 doorstops all for 7 something. I got to my room and realized that all I had was one rug and a bag of free chips. I'm so bummed. I have no idea what happened to my stuff. I didn't think the bag even left my hand. Oh well :(

A late night for the first day of college tomorrow.



Oh, and Laureli and I matched today :)

No comments: