Thursday, September 16, 2010

Water Filters, Stick Hunting and Van Rides

So this morning we took a wilderness survival training class. We were taught how to make a trap to catch small rodents to eat if we were ever in the middle of nowhere. Jocelyn and I were searching for sticks and rocks when she flat out tripped over the grass. She rolled and ended up covered in grass. It was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while and I'm still laughing from it. We also were instructed on how to filter dirty water so it's drinkable. We tasted it and it had a hint of cinnamon to it. Interesting, I know... but it was fascinating to see the water turn from black to clear. We also worked on building fires and reading compasses and maps. It was a fun filled morning with lots of laughs.

We learned some more about Central and tons of ways to be involved. We then had team pictures, cleaned the camp and loaded up for the ride home. Everyone was way more talkative on this van ride since we had just spent 3 days getting to know each other. We get to be a part of something called "Movers and Shakers" tomorrow where we get to help all the other freshmen move in so we had a meeting for that with free dinner!

Mom, Dad and Carly stopped by on their way home from Seattle. Carly had her second elbow surgery today. They had to completely replace her whole radial head so it's now metal. I'm pretty sure it went well but I'm just praying for a quick recovery. She leaves for school next weekend. It was really great to see them all. Even though it's only been 4 days, I miss them so much. Lucky for me, I get to see them next weekend. I might even be able to go up to Seattle and help Carly move in.

I didn't take a picture today :( so here's one that's not mine.



Oh, I also can't wait to explore and find sweet places to take pictures!

This lifted me up again today..

Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:3

No comments: